Sunday 3 May 2015

Mrs Laderman Makeup Practice

Before eyeliner:




At this stage I was still experimenting with the look. Even since I created the face chart I was unsure about what I was going to have between the eyebrows and whether I was going to have the red line going up from the chin to the bottom lip. However in this photo most of the makeup had been done and I was happy with it so far. 


With eyeliner and mascara:





This was the point at which I decided not to use the red line on the lips. I felt that it would overpower the purples and not make sense with the look as it is a tribal element and the only other tribal element on the face is white dots. In addition to this, True Blood doesn't include extravagant makeup like that, it focuses more on SFX makeup and so I felt that it would not be appropriate for the show that I have chosen. 


Styled:





I am happy with the result of this makeup and how the practice went and believe that it is accurate to my face chart so the only things that are not present on there anymore are the red stripe from the chin to the bottom lip and I am still not sure as of yet what to put between her eyebrows. I would consider a bindi, a gem or more paint.


Products used:
  • Illamasqua matte primer
  • Kryolan Ultrafoundation Palette in G177, Alabaster and 0B2
  • Kryolan concealer in D2
  • MAC Vibrant Grape eyeshadow
  • Rimmel Glam'Eyes liquid eyeliner
  • Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme! mascara
  • Benefit 'Brow Zings' brow kit
  • Illamasqua Neutral eyeshadow palette- black eyeshadow
  • Illamasqua translucent powder
  • Illamasqua sculpting duo
  • Topshop Horizon highlighter
  • MAC Nightmoth eyeliner
  • MAC lipmixes blue, white and red mixed together
  • Supracolour palette- white
Equipment used:
  • Powder brush
  • Lip brush x2
  • MAC 217
  • Thin angled brush
  • Disposable mascara wand
  • Powder puff
  • Flat shadow brush x2
  • Foundation brush
  • Small, dense eyeshadow brush for concealer
  • Cotton buds (For mistakes)

No comments:

Post a Comment