Wednesday 18 February 2015

Estella Havisham Designs

I have found that when creating Estella, you can't be as creative as you can when designing Miss Havisham. She is a young woman who's aesthetic only really changes when she suffers abuse at the hands of her husband. However I took this into account and created looks that I thought would be appropriate for Estella.

This look is after she was abused by her husband. This look could be achieved without prosthetics and rather with supracolour, collodion and some fake blood. I believe that this look would be more appropriate for television as this look is a realistic makeup that would require detail which would be detected by a camera, not an audience that are seated far away from the actors. I'm not sure that this is the look I will choose for Estella as it is only a small portion of the story, whereas her most seen look is a simplistic, plain look. Moreover, I don't feel as if I am skilled enough to create a believable black eye yet or two in a row that would look the same. However if I was to, my practice of a black eye is what I would base this black eye on:









 





This is my most favoured look for Estella; she is plain and simple and her fierce personality is hidden within. I would aim for her to look fresh faced and natural, with hints of bush and colour on the lips and brushed brows with a clear complexion. There isn't much to the makeup with this look as I would intend to make the hair more elaborate for this look.













This is my design for her hair. I wanted the hair to be up not only because my partner's hair is short but because Great Expectations was set in the early Victorian era. Therefore what I plan to do is curl all the hair at the back of the head and scrape it up and grip it all so that it sits on top of the head. Moreover, the hair at the front will have a middle parting that will be plaited and then fastened underneath all the curls. I believe that this will be more time consuming than the makeup, given that I decide to go forward with the latter makeup design.

No comments:

Post a Comment