Saturday 21 February 2015

Miss Havisham Hair Practice


 

This was a practice of late victorian hairstyles that I wanted to base my Miss Havisham hairstyle on. I originally wanted to use this exact hairstyle on my partner as she has short hair so I believed that this would be the most feasible, however then created a hair chart and practiced this look on my flatmate who also has short hair to see whether my design would be useable.

Once designed, I wrote down all products I would need and the method of which I would use to create this hairstyle.






These are the photos from the practice of the hairstyle. Hannah has thinner hair than Lucy (my partner) and so I am aware that during the assessment, therefore there will be more hair to curl and I will need to allow time for that. What I found difficult while practicing this was being able to scrape up all the curls at the back and fastening them so that the grips aren't visible, which I hope won't be a problem in the assessment. I was however happy with how it looks and know that I will be able to make the look more scruffy in the assessment. Moreover, in order to age the hair I will use dry shampoo on the roots to create a greying effect. While designing the hair, I was at a loss as to how create a hairstyle with short hair in the style of early Victorians (which is when Great Expectations was set), however I am pleased with this design and believe that it looks quite historical without having to use extra hair. 



No comments:

Post a Comment